- 3/4 cup butter 185 grams
- 1/4 cup sugar 50 grams
- 1 1/2 cups flour 192 grams
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons jam , strawberry or a berry jam is probably best 50-70 grams
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup brown sugar 165 grams
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/4 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 2 1/2 grams
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut 40 grams
- Pre heat oven to 325° (170°)
- Topping: in a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, add sugar, salt and vanilla, mix well with a wooden spoon, fold in the coconut, set aside.
- Sift together flour and salt.
- In a medium bowl cream butter, add sugar and blend well at medium speed, gradually add flour,salt mixture, when well mixed, spread and pack lightly in a 8" (20 centimeter) cake pan. Spread thinly with jam. Cover with topping and bake in a slow oven for approximately 35 minutes. Cut into fingers when cool. Enjoy!
Source: An Italian In My Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!