- 17 ounces pork loin
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 spring onion, cut into short slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 2 pieces canned pineapple ring, chopped
- vegetable or sunflower oil, for deep frying
To season pork
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2-3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon plum sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 120 ml (1/2 cup )water
- Cut the pork into bite size cubes and place in a mixing bowl. Add Chinese 5 spice, salt, soy sauce and Chinese rice wine and marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix the sweet and sour ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Coat the pork lightly with flour, dip in the beaten egg and coat with more flour. Heat the oil in a wok and deep fry the pork in batches for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Clean your wok and heat a tablespoon of oil. Add chopped garlic, spring onions, green pepper and pineapple pieces. Stir-fry for 30-40 seconds , then add add sweet and sour sauce. Bring to a boil and transfer pork pieces into the wok. Stir to mix, then serve.
Source: Bakes By Chichi
Share It To Your Friends!