- 1k chicken thigh fillets, sliced into portion sizes
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-3 knobs ginger, finely jullienned
- 2-3 teaspoons curry powder*
- 1 can 400ml coconut milk
- 2 medium sized potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 1 red capsicum, cubed
- fresh corianer for garnish
- In a large bowl, coat the chicken thigh fillets with the turmeric powder. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a large shallow skillet or pan, heat the oil then cook the onions and ginger until soft and fragrant.
- Add the chicken fillets and sear until slightly brown.
- Add the curry powder and stir to coat the chicken fillets.
- Add the coconut milk, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add the vegetables, stir and then bring to a boil.
- As soon as it boils, turn down heat to a LOW simmer, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take off lid and continue to simmer for another 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with steamed rice.
Source: Adobo Down Under
Share It To Your Friends!