Cheese Ravioli with Cod and Arugula
- 1 package good quality ravioli (found in the cheese or dairy section of your grocery store)
- 1 cup reserved water from the ravioli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ to ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 pound cod filet
- ½ stick butter
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp freshly grated romano cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 5 oz bag fresh arugula
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 thick slices Italian bread
- Ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp romano cheese
- Cheese Ravioli with Cod and Arugula
- Cook the ravioli in salted water according to directions. Drain, reserving one cup of the water.
- While the water for the ravioli is heating, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan, and sauté the shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes until tender, watching carefully that the garlic doesn't burn. Add the cod, and cook for about five minutes on each side until it is fully cooked and flaky.
- Leave the cod in the pan, and add the ½ stick butter, the lemon juice, romano cheese, ½ cup of the pasta water, and 1 tsp of the lemon zest to the pan. Let simmer for a few minutes, adding more pasta water as needed.
- Add the arugula, and let simmer until it is wilted. Serve over the cooked ravioli with the oversized breadcrumbs.
- Oversized Breadcrumbs
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Dip the bread slices into the melted butter coating both sides. Remove the pan from the heat, and set aside.
- Place the butter coated bread slices on a baking sheet, season with black pepper, and place under the broiler for about two to three minutes on each side, or until they turn golden brown on both sides. Remove from the broiler, and break into coarse crumbs.
- Add the breadcrumbs, garlic, lemon zest and romano cheese back into the frying pan, and cook over low heat until the breadcrumbs are crunchy and browned.
Share It To Your Friends!