- 2 9-inch pie crusts, unbaked
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground or fresh grated nutmeg, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and set aside a 10x15-inch rimmed baking sheet (a jelly roll sheet).
- If using remade pie crusts, remove from pouches and let soften according to package directions. On a lightly floured surface, stack pie crusts on top of each other and roll out into a large rectangle, about 12x17-inches.
- Move crust into baking sheet and press into corners and up sides. Fold extra crust even with top edge of pan and flute edges or flatten with the tines of a fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Add the flour and eggs and mix to combine.
- Add the buttermilk, salt, and vanilla, and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Pour into pie crust and dust top evenly with nutmeg. You might have excess filling; just fill up to top edge of baking sheet. Bake until center is set and top is browned, about 35-40 minutes. Pie will be slightly jiggly but will firm up as it cools. Let cool completely (at least 1 hour) before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Share It To Your Friends!