- 1 kg pork shoulder, cut to serving pieces
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons liquid seasoning or soy sauce (I used 2 tbsp liquid seasoning and 1 tbsp soy sauce)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 heads garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn
- 2 pieces bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons shrimp paste
- 1 piece finger chili OR 1 tablespoon chili flakes (plus more for garnish, optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 200ml pack coconut cream
- Marinate pork with vinegar, soy sauce and brown sugar for 30 minutes.
- Sauté garlic in a pan until aromatic. Add peppercorn, bay leaf and shrimp paste.
- Add pork belly (without the marinade) and cook until it changes color.
- Add marinade, chili/chili flakes and water. Simmer for an hour or until meat is tender.
- Add coconut cream and simmer for 15 minutes more. Garnish with chili flakes if desired. Serve hot with lots of steamed rice. Enjoy!
Source: The Hungry Giant
Share It To Your Friends!