- Flank Steak - 6 oz
- Ginger - 2 tsp minced
- Garlic - 2 cloves minced
- Soya sauce - 1 TBSP
- Black bean sauce - 2 TBSP
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Chinese cooking wine - 2 tsp
- Chayotte - 1
- Onion - 1
- Red/yellow bell peppers - 1 chopped
- Baby bok choi - 1 package
- Corn starch - 2 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Oyster sauce - 1 tsp
- Canola/peanut oil - 2 TBSP
- Marinate the beef with ginger, garlic, soya sauce, black bean sauce, sugar, cooking wine, and 1 teaspoon of corn starch. Marinate overnight or until you are ready to use.
- Cut up all the vegetables keeping them similar in size.
- Prepare you thickener, in a small bowl add remaining corn starch, water, and oyster sauce. Set aside.
- Make sure you have all of your vegetables cut and ready to go. Start by frying the chayotte and the onions, in a little bit of oil, use a oil that can have a high smoke point. Fry for about 2-3 minutes and them transfer to a large serving dish.
- Add a bit more oil and stir fry the peppers for about 3 minutes and transfer to the bowl with the other vegetables. You will continue to add all the cooked vegetables into this one big serving dish.
- Stir fry the baby bak choi, add oil to the pan and wait till you see some smoke, then carefully add the bak choi. Move quickly as it will splatter some oil. Fry for about 3 minutes until the leafy parts start to wilt but the white part is still crunchy. Add the serving dish.
- Add more oil to the pan and add the beef, cook until it is browned and no longer pink, add the cornstarch mix (thickener) if you see that it is too thick add a bit more water. Season with salt to taste. Pour over vegetables. Serve with jasmin rice.
Share It To Your Friends!