- 400g cooked White beans
- 125g cooked Brown rice
- 80g Frozen Peas, defrosted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4-6 carrots
- 1 head of cauliflower
- extra virgin olive oil
- Pesto (homemade or shop bought)
- Prepare the pesto sauce if you are making your own.
- Put the beans, rice, salt and garlic powder in a bowl and mash together until quite broken down almost puree like. Add the peas, and mash some more leaving some peas whole.
- With clean hands form balls out of the mixture, about the size of a golf ball.
- You have two options; you can cook them in the oven for 30 minutes at 200c. Drizzle a little oil on top first and take them out when they are golden. Or shallow fry in a little oil turning them frequently until they are golden all over.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the carrot into sticks. Boil or steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Make the cauliflower rice; Grate the crown of the cauliflower on a box grater until you have rice. Use the stalk in another dish.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add cauliflower rice and a pinch of salt. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Serve accompanied by the pesto.
Source: Yummy Vege
Share It To Your Friends!