- 1 pound shrimp 30-40 peeled and deveined
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4-5 teaspoons chili garlic sauce such as Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup breadcrumbs ( I used panko)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Oil for deep-frying
- In a medium bowl mix mayonnaise, chili sauce, honey and rice vinegar; cover and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix flour, bread crumbs , black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt; set aside.
- Next bread the shrimp by coating first in bread mixture, then into the buttermilk and back into the breading mixture – Place on a plate.
- To help the breading stay on the shrimp let it rest in the fridge for about 10-20minutes
- Heat a saucepan on medium high heat with oil or use your deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- When heat is hot enough deep fry shrimp 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. You may have to do so in batches
- Mix shrimp with sauce start with 1/2 of the sauce and add more according to preference . Enjoy!
Source: Immaculate Bites
Share It To Your Friends!