- Fish 10 pieces
- Bottle gourd about 400 grams
- Green chillies 8
- Onions 2 large
- Ginger/garlic paste a quarter teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil half a cup
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Serrated coriander or
- coriander 1 bunch
- Peel and cut the gourd and then dice it fine.
- Wash the fish pieces and drain. Rub a bit of salt and turmeric to the fish pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. When it comes to smoking point, fry the fish pieces, a few at a time. A few minutes on each side will do. They need not be cooked through at this point. Remove from the pan.
- Grate the onions and make a paste of the ginger and the garlic.
- In the same oil, fry the onions. When they start to change colour, throw in the chillies after chopping them. Also add the turmeric, coriander powder and the garlic and ginger paste. In case you think the powdered spices might burn, you can sprinkle a bit of water as you add them.
- Then add the diced vegetable. Cover and keep cooking. With all the liquid from the gourd it's a matter of cooking in its own juices! Stir in between.
- When the vegetable is nearly done you can add about half a cup of hot water to the pan. Then add the fried pieces of fish.Cook for five minutes or so before removing from the stove.
- Wash the coriander, finely chop them, and garnish the curry with the same.
Source: Blending Flavours
Share It To Your Friends!