- nonstick cooking spray as needed
- 4 medium chicken breast halves, skinned, boned, and cut into 1" strips*
- 1 can (14 oz.) tomatoes, cut up**
- 1 cup low-sodium chili sauce
- 1-1/2 cups green peppers, chopped (1 large)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spray a deep skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat pan over high heat.
- Cook chicken in hot skillet, stirring, for 3-5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Reduce heat.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, low-sodium chili sauce, green pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, crushed red pepper, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or whole wheat pasta.
Source: Spark Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!