- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (we used leftover chicken pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound mushrooms sliced (we omitted since the kids hate them)
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 cups hot cooked broad egg noodles
- Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken & cook till lightly browned. Set chicken aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Add onion & bell pepper. Cook till tender & lightly browned. Add paprika & flour. Cook about 1 minute. Gradually add the broth & cook, stirring constantly until the mixture bubbles and thickens slightly. Add the mushrooms and simmer 3 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat & simmer, covered until chicken is cooked through.
- Add sour cream & dill, stirring to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer. Remove from heat. Serve over noodles.
Source: Confessions of an Overworked Mom
Share It To Your Friends!