- Whole wheat pasta- 400gms
- Olive oil-1tbsp
- Chopped onion-1 medium
- Chopped tomatoes-3 medium
- Tomato puree/pasatta-1cup
- Mushrooms-200 gms (cleaned and sliced)
- Finely minced garlic-4cloves
- Fresh basil leaves- a handful (roughly chopped)
- Salt and black pepper- to taste
- Red pepper flakes-1tsp
For cooking pasta:
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan and cook pasta until al dente or according to package instructions.
- Once cooked drain and set aside.
For the sauce:
- Heat oil in a frying pan add garlic, onion and saute on medium heat, until onion softens.
- Add mushrooms, tomato puree/passata, chopped tomatoes mix well and simmer for 10-12minutes.
- Add basil, salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper mix well.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and continue to simmer for a minute or two until heated through.
- Serve hot
Source:Chitra's Healthy Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!