- 200g sponge fingers
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 4 egg yolks
- 300 ml warm water with 2 tsp instant coffee
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Marsala wine, I used french brandy
- cocoa for decorating
- Start by preparing the coffee and let it cool down.
- Mix the egg yolks with the icing sugar until you get a creamy mixture. Place the bowl over a pan of boiling water, being careful that the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water and keep mixing until you get a smooth and thick cream.
- Take the cream off the heat and add the vanilla essence, let it cool down mixing from time to time to prevent a crust from forming.
- Mix the double cream until stiff.
- In a different bowl mix the mascarpone cheese with the vanilla sugar, add the cream mixing until well combined. At the end pour in the egg yolks and mix gently. Leave it in the fridge to set for about 15-20 minutes.
- After the cream has set line a loaf tin or a cake tray with cling film, dunk the sponge fingers in the coffee then place them in the tray covering the bottom of the dish completely.
- Spread a layer of cream on top of the sponge fingers, keep doing this until you use all the ingredients making sure you finish with the sponge fingers as the top layer.
- Cover the cake with cling film and put it in the fridge over night. When ready turn over on a plate, remove the clingfilm and cut as you wish. A typical tiramisu is covered in cream however in order for the cling film not to stick to the cream we finish with sponge fingers.
Source: Cook With Anamaria
Share It To Your Friends!