- 1/2 kg ladyfinger (Bhindi)
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- oil for cooking
- 1 tsp salt (adjust according to your taste)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (adjust according to taste)
- 1 tsp sambhar masala (I used MDH masala)
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder or chaat masala (dry mango powder)
- 1/2 tsp sounth powder (dry ginger powder)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients mentioned under stuffing. Keep aside.
- Wash and pat dry ladyfinger. Slit it from center keeping the sides intact. If ladyfinger is big in size first cut into half and then slit.
- Fill the generous amount of filling inside ladyfinger.
- Heat oil in pan, for this recipe you will require more oil ( I used nearly 1/2 cup oil).
- Add ladyfinger in hot oil, make sure oil is hot. Cook on high flame for 5 minutes, then reduce the flame to low and cook for 15 minutes or till it becomes tender.
- In other pan, add some oil and saute sliced onions till golden in color. Add chopped tomatoes and cook till tomatoes become soft. Transfer this in cooked ladyfinger. If you have leftover masala add on top. This will balance the taste from inside out.
- Mix well and serve hot with chapati.
Source: Easy Children Recipe
Share It To Your Friends!