- ½ kilo (1 lb) of ground beef
- 2 eggplants cut in half
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of drained diced tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped green onion for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C.
- Using a spoon, remove the flesh from the eggplant, leaving about half an inch from the skin. Place the eggplant shells on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil. Chop the removed flesh into smaller pieces.
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Put the onion, garlic, and eggplant flesh in. Saute, over medium high heat, for 2 or 3 minutes until the eggplant is tender.
- Put the ground beef in and stir and fry until it's brown.
- Spoon the mixture into the eggplant shells and sprinkle the tomatoes over the top.
- Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Place them back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Garnish them with some chopped green onions. Serve and enjoy your stuffed eggplants.
Source: Cook N Share
Share It To Your Friends!