- 125g butter - softened
- 2/3 cup of caster sugar
- 11/2 cups of self raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 300ml of thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon of icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 250g of fresh strawberries
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, and line 2 cupcake tins with paper cases - you will need
- Put the softened butter, sugar, flour, milk, vanilla and eggs in a bowl and beat with electric beaters on a low speed for 2 minutes or until well mixed
- Increase speed and beat for a further 2 minutes or until smooth and pale
- Spoon mixture in to cupcake tray and bake for 18 -20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack
- While the cupcakes are cooling you can make the whipped cream. Place the thickened cream, vanilla essence and icing sugar into a small bowl and whip with an electric hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Slice the strawberries into thirds lengthways and set aside until needed.
- Once the cakes have cooled completely, top with the whipped cream and strawberries – enjoy immediately.
Source: Create Bake Make
Share It To Your Friends!