For the filling
- 300 grms Pork Mince
- 200 grams beef mince
- 3 red chilies minced
- 1/2 cup of Banana ketchup
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 onion diced finely
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 grated zucchini
- 1 grated carrot
- A handful of grated cheddar cheese
- Ready rolled puff pastry thawed
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds to sprinkle over pastry
- 1 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of dollop cream for the egg wash to make them nice and golden. Milk will do but I get good results with cream
- Preheat yo oven to 180C (fan forced). Grab yo large bowl and add the mince, cheese, onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, banana ketchup, paprika, chilli, zucchini and carrot. Using your hands, combine well until the meat has evenly soaked up all the ingredients. Add the rest – breadcrumbs, eggs. Combine then set aside.
- Egg Wash: In a small bowl, add the egg yolk and milk and whisk. Set aside for later FOOL!
- Throw some flour onto a flat surface and lay down the pastry. Cut each into even rectangular pieces
- Grab a handful of the filling laying it in the centre of the pastry. We want to get as even spread of meat between the sheets. Start to distribute the meat from one end to the other forming a lean ‘log’. We don’t want it to be too thick. Repeat.
- Fold both sides meeting at the top forming a log then take out that bowl of egg wash you set aside earlier and brush the pastry where they join to seal the deal , but don’t soak it ok…
- Tear up some baking paper for the baking tray, lay down dem logs (sealed side down) then slice them into your desired sizes.
- Brush with the remaining egg wash and sprinkle those sesame seeds
- Put em’ in the oven for 30 mins until golden brown.
Source: Food Rehab
Share It To Your Friends!