- 2 strips applewood smoked bacon
- 1 dozen cleaned squid
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon corn meal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if more heat is desired)
- lemon wedges for drizzling and garnish
- Add a layer of paper towel to 2 plates and set them aside.
- Add the bacon to a large sauté pan, over medium heat, and cook until it's crispy, about 4 minutes per side. Let the bacon strips drain on 1 of the towel-lined plates. (Leave the bacon fat in the pan!)
- Pat squid dry with a paper towel and cut them into approximately 1 to 2-inch rings. Set aside.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, add the flour, corn meal, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mix to blend and then add the calamari rings. Use your hands to toss them into the flour mixture, being sure they are all very well coated.
Source: Cooking On The Weekends
Share It To Your Friends!