- 1 (3 lb.) Boneless Pork Loin
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- Trim the desired amount of excess fat from the pork loin. Peel and quarter the onion, being sure to remove the root. Spray the interior of a crock of a slow cooker.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat, until it shimmers. Place the onion quarters in the skillet, separating the membranes for maximum coverage. Make room for the pork loin, and sear it on all sides, until very brown. Transfer the onions and pork loin, fat side up, to the crock pot. Pour any juices remaining from the pan over the pork.
- In a small bowl, stir the brown sugar, salt, thyme, dry mustard, and minced garlic to combine. Rub the sugar mixture over the top of the pork loin. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or until pork is very tender and cooked through
- Move the pork loin to a large cutting board, and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with the caramelized onions and juices from the crock.
Source: Comfortably Domestic
Share It To Your Friends!