- 1 boneless pork roast (pork loin or butt)
- 1 large onion (slice)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed and minced)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon of oil for browning
- 3 bay leaves
- ¼ cup hot water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1/ 4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoons ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Cut the pork roast into 2 pieces and brown in a large frying pan using the oil.
- In a small bowl combine the hot water and honey. Then mix in the soy sauce, ginger, salt, pepper, vinegar and cloves.
- Slice the onions and place them on the bottom of the slow cooker placing the browned roast on top. Add the bay leaves and pour the honey mixture over the top of the roast.
- Cook for 5 hours on low, or until meat is tender. Remove the roast and onions from the slow cooker. Strain the juices into a sauce pan, dissolve the cornstarch in the cold water, bring the juice to a boil and stir in the cornstarch and cook until thickened to form the gravy.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or hot rice. Enjoy
Source: Cully's Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!