- 1 lb. salmon, cut in steaks or cubed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3 heaped Tbsp. Coleman's mustard powder, diluted in water for 1/2 hour
- 1 serrano pepper, diced and crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 4 Tbsp. mustard or vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. nigella/kalonji seeds
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced, for garnish
- cilantro, minced, for garnish
- Marinate salmon with turmeric and salt for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat, lightly fry salmon on all sides and set aside.
- In the same oil, sputter nigella seeds and chili paste.
- Add onions and stir-fry until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and salt to taste, cover and simmer until oil resurfaces.
- Add a cup of boiling water to the tomatoes and return salmon to skillet.
- Pour diluted mustard around the edges and spoon over salmon.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer salmon pieces to a serving platter, placing them around the perimeter of the dish.
- Pour the mustard gravy along with the onions and tomatoes in the center and swirl around the edges.
- Garnish with slices of serrano and sprinkle cilantro on top.
Source: Chumkie's Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!