- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Oil (Olive Oil, Melted Coconut Oil, etc.)
- 3 Tablespoons Herb or Spice Rub*
- Using a sharp filet knife or other sharp knife, cut each chicken piece into 2 cutlets. To do this, lay a chicken breast flat on a cutting board. Place your hand on top of the chicken and then take your knife and slice it into 2 pieces – your hand is a guide to keep the knife gliding through the chicken. Be very careful and go slowly!
- Pound each piece of chicken (cover with plastic wrap) with a meat mallet until they are at an even thickness. You want the chicken pieces as thin as you can go without tearing the meat.
- Once you have your chicken pieces, coat them with the oil and then coat them in your favorite herb or spice rub.
- Preheat your grill to 400º or heat a grill pan over high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces to the grill at an angle. Cook for 2 minutes and then shift each piece on the opposite angle for another 2 minutes. This is what will give you perfect hatch marks on the grilled chicken! Flip the chicken and repeat on the other side. 4 minutes is perfect for thin cutlets. If your chicken is a little thicker, add a few more minutes to the cooking time.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Source: Love Has No Labels
Share It To Your Friends!