- 200g tea (Tennis) biscuits
- 90g butter, melted
- 1 x 80g packet lemon jelly powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 x 380g tin (400ml) evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- Grease a deep 22cm square dish or tray. Place the tea biscuits in a large freezer bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. Stir in the melted butter, then press into an even layer in your dish. Set aside in the fridge.
- Combine the lemon jelly powder and boiling water. Stir well to dissolve all the powder, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the evaporated milk and castor sugar in a separate bowl. Use an electric whisk to beat them together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Continue to whisk while adding the jelly liquid in a thin, constant stream.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base, cover and refrigerate until firm. (2 - 3 hours should be plenty of time.) Serve straight from the fridge.
Source: Cupcakes And Couscous
Share It To Your Friends!