- 1 pound lechon (with skin), sliced 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup vinegar (for marinating)
- 5 cloves of garlic, slightly crushed (for marinating)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, slightly crushed (for sauteing)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup vinegar (for stewing)
- 1 cup lemon lime soda (or water)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn
- 4 pieces bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel (or 2 pieces of star anise)
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lechon sauce (or liver sauce)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (optional)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 kg pork liver
- 2 cups water or more
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup onions, minced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs (toasted and crumbled)
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Mix vinegar and garlic in a non-reactive bowl. Do not use aluminum. Marinate the lechon in the mixture for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion. Add the lechon with the marinade. Add vinegar, water or lime soda, soy sauce and spices. Simmer for 10 minutes without stirring.
- Stir in sugar, lechon sauce and pineapple chunks (optional.) Season with salt. Cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Broil the pork liver until half done. Ground using a food processor. Add water and squeeze the extract through a cheesecloth.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute garlic, onions until golden brown. Add the liver extract. Add powdered crumbs, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Simmer until thick. Make sure the liver is thoroughly cooked. Add the ground pepper last.
Source: Filipino Food Recipe
Share It To Your Friends!