- (Makes 1 dozen stuffed mushrooms – probably with some stuffing left over so you could make about 4 more mushrooms)
- 12 large mushrooms (white, cremini or large baby bella)
- 2 King crab legs, boiled, zipped to remove meat, and shredded
- 3/4 cup meltable cheese (I used a Mexican 4 cheese blend, but Oaxaca, Manchego, Monterey Jack or white cheddar will work)
- 1/4 cup Ian’s Gluten-Free Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. chile powder or cajun seasoning (I used Tony Chachere’s)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a small baking pan with baking paper.
- Boil a pot of water large enough to fit two king crab legs. Place the crab in the boiling water for about 5-7 minutes.
- Gently remove the stems from each mushroom by gently twisting and tugging until loosened.
- Put the mushrooms stems into a food processor and process until they appear finely chopped.
- Use a crab zipper to zip open the crab shells. Remove the meat and place it in a medium mixing bowl. Be careful to check for and remove cartilage pieces from the meat as you shred.
- Add the chopped mushroom stems to the bowl containing the shredded crab and mix well.
- Add the cheese, breadcrumbs and spice and combine thoroughly.
- Pour in the melted butter and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Place the mushrooms in the baking pan so that the holes created by removing the stems are facing up. Mushrooms are round and will roll, so use a small enough pan and let the sides of the mushrooms touch.
- Using a teaspoon (and probably your fingers,) scoop a heaping spoonful of filling onto each mushroom so that the hole and entire bottom surface is covered.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the mushrooms soften and the filling browns slightly.
- Pair with Pinot Grigio, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, champagne or sparkling cider for a festive starter. Enjoy!
Source: Corazon En Un Platillo
Share It To Your Friends!