- 1 pound cleaned and pat dry squid with tentacles, bodies cut into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Sweet chili sauce(add more if you like it to be saucy)*
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- minced parsley or chopped green onion/chives
- High heat oil
- * I bought the sauce at Trader Joe's,or you can make your own by this recipe.
- Heat oven to 500 degrees on broil.
- Place bell pepper on a baking sheet.
- Broil until charred,turning sides 3 times.
- Remove from oven and place it inside the plastic bag or ziplock bag.
- Set aside and let them cool enough to handle.
- When peppers are ready to handle,peel off the skin.
- Cut peppers in to 1/2 inch squares.Set a side.
- Pour enough oil in to a dutch oven or a sauce pan (about 2-3 inches from the bottom)
- Heat oil over medium-high heat to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl,combine flour,old bay seasoning, and black pepper.
- In small handfuls,dredge the squid in the flour mixture and shake off excess.
- gently lower the squid in hot oil. Fry in batches for about 3 minutes or until lightly golden in color.
- remove from oil and sprinkle salt.
- In a small sauce pan, heat sweet chili sauce with squeezed lemon juice.
- Toss Calamari with sauce and roasted bell peppers.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with minced parsley and/or chives/green onions.
- Squeeze more lemon on top if desired.
Source: Delights Of Culinaria
Share It To Your Friends!