- 3 cups of prepared macaroni and cheese, may be from a box or homemade
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce, plus more for serving
- 3 cups of Flaming Hot Cheetos, crushed
- 1/2 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- About 2 pints of canola oil or other light oil
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup of milk
- salt and pepper
- blue cheese dressing
- Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to the box directions or your own recipe.
- Mix in the tablespoon of hot sauce until completely combined. Add more hot sauce if you want for even spicier fried mac and cheese!
- Place the prepared macaroni and cheese in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, until cooled.
- Remove the macaroni and cheese from the refrigerator and using an ice cream scoop, form balls of the macaroni and cheese. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until all of the macaroni and cheese has been formed into balls. Place the balls into the freezer for about 3 hours of until completely hardened.
- In a food processor blend the Cheetos until they are crushed. Mix in the bread crumbs and about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Place in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or other heavy bottomed pot to 375 F.
- Add the flour and about 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper to another shallow bowl and set aside.
- Beat the eggs along with the milk and about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Remove the balls from the freezer. Dip the balls in the flour and roll to completely cover. Shake off the excess and then dip into the egg mixture and roll to completely cover. Then dip into the Cheetos mixture and roll to completely cover. Repeat with all of the macaroni and cheese balls.
- Place 3-4 balls into the hot oil and fry on all sides until they are golden brown for a total of about five minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and repeat with the remaining balls. Serve with extra hot sauce and blue cheese dressing.
Source: The Spruce
Share It To Your Friends!