- One half batch Red Sauce (recipe link above)
- Egg roll wrappers (large square)
- 1/2 pound hamburger, cooked
- Cottage cheese (flavored with chive if they have it at your store)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- In a greased 8 inch square pan, spread a thin layer of red sauce on the bottom and place a wrapper on top of that. Spread a quarter of the remaining sauce, a dollop of cottage cheese, one quarter of the meat and a handful of the shredded cheese. Place another wrapper over this and repeat 3 more times. You will end with "stuff" covered with cheese and will have used 4 wrappers and 4 layers of stuff. Try to end up with a little extra mozzarella on the top, covering that last layer with cheese so not much stuff is showing through.
- Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes at 375F. Remove foil and reduce heat to 350F, baking 15 to 20 minutes more or until the top is browned to your liking.
- Cool for 20 minutes and enjoy!
- Updated notes: Last night I doubled this whole recipe and made it in a big greased 9x13 pan. I used one whole batch of red sauce and I also added a couple layers of thinly sliced fresh zucchini. And I would definitely recommend this. I like it better even than adding chopped spinach, which is also awesome. One more thing-when I doubled the recipe I did not double the dried spices. I am not a big Italian spice person and I liked it better than the original recipe with the spices reduced.
Source: Rise And Shine
Share It To Your Friends!