- chicken thigh fillet
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- ground black pepper
- cooking oil, if frying
- 1/4 cup Japanese soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- a small knob of ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- sesame oil, about a teaspoon or more if you like
- spring onions, just for garnish, not really necessary ;)
- Preheat the grill; or if pan-frying, heat a non-stick pan in medium high heat, then add about 1-2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Wash and pat dry chicken fillet. Add a little amount of sesame oil, soy sauce just to coat the chicken then some ground black pepper. Grill or fry until browned on both sides; set aside.
- In a pan, mix together the soy sauce, mirin and water. Add grated ginger; bring to a boil then lower heat and let simmer about 2 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water then add just a little, about a teaspoon of this slurry , you don't want your teriyaki sauce too thick; you can always add more if you really want it thicker in consistency.
- Slice the grilled chicken into 2-3 pieces then add it to the pan, stir to coat the chicken with the sauce and cook for less than a minute, season with more black pepper ( optional) and lastly drizzle with sesame oil. Transfer to a serving plate, and enjoy!
Source:Cook Eat Share
Share It To Your Friends!