Ingredients for cake:
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cup flour sifted
- 4 ozs. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 can (8 ozs) cooked condensed milk or dulce de leche
- 17.5 ozs. mascarpone cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup coffee
- 1/2 cup Kahlua liqueur
- toasted hazelnuts (optional)
- On high speed beat eggs with sugar.
- When the batter is stiff and light, add flour and mix it gently and well on low .
- Pour the batter into 10 ”* round baking pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool.
- *if using 9” reduce to 7 eggs,1 1/4 cup sugar and flour.
- In Stand/hand mixer beat cream cheese with dulce de leche.
- Add mascarpone cream and beat not more then a minute, just until well combined.
- In a separate bowl beat together heavy whipping cream with powdered sugar.
- Gently fold in whipped cream into dulce de leche cream.
- In a small bowl or spray bottle combine coffee with kahlua liqueur.
- Divide the sponge cake in half.
- Soak the bottom layer with coffee mixture.
- Spread good amount of frosting.
- If desired, sprinkle toasted crushed hazelnuts.
- Soak the other half of sponge cake, and place it on top of the bottom layer.
- Spread frosting all over the cake reserving some frosting for decoration.
- Decorate as desired. Dust with cocoa powder.
Source: Delights Of Culinaria
Share It To Your Friends!