- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnmon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
To make the Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside
- Beat brown sugar and butter together until creamy. Add egg, vanilla and sour cream. Beat until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixer, alternating between the two.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Set aside
To make the Cheesecake Layer
- Beat cream cheese until creamy. Add sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add egg and beat until fully incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Place a spoonful of the muffin batter into the bottom of each liner. Top with cheesecake layer. Top with the remaining batter.
- Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and let cook for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Dinner Dishes & Desserts
Share It To Your Friends!