- 1 pound mussels
- 2 pounds mahogany clams (medium-size clam)
- 1½ pounds large shrimp (31-40 count)
- 1½ pounds sea scallops
- 1 pound cod filet
- 1 pound calamari steak
- 1 pound lobster meat
- splash olive oil (about 1-2 tablespoons)
- 4 medium cloves fresh garlic
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 generous splash white wine (about a cup or so)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, minced
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place the mussels & clams in ice water with a couple heaping tablespoons of corn meal. Let the mussels & clams soak for about 30-45 minutes to release any unwanted sand. Rinse the cornmeal from the mussels & clams, then transfer to a bowl & refrigerate.
- Peel & devein the shrimp. Rinse the sea scallops as well. Cut the cod into larger bite-size chunks. Cut the calamari steaks into pieces about the same size as the cod. Cut the lobster meat into uniform pieces. Refrigerate all the seafood in separate bowls.
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, pour a splash of olive oil & heat over medium heat. Smash the garlic & add to the olive oil. Sauté until the garlic becomes fragrant & begins to caramelize.
- Rough chop the sweet onion & add to the garlic. Sauté until the onion begins to become translucent.
- Add the wine, 3 cans of tomatoes, kosher salt & pepper. Stir well, bring to a boil, then simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Transfer half the tomato sauce to a second large pot. Make sure the sauce is hot. Add the linguine & cook until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- While the linguine is cooking, you will cook the seafood. In one pot, add the mussels & clams, return to a boil, cover & simmer over medium-low heat. The mussels & clams will open & release their juices. Stir a bit to combine.
- In the second pot over medium heat, add the remaining seafood starting with the scallops, then adding the shrimp about a minute later, & immediately following with the cod, calamari & lobster. Cover for about a minute, just until the seafood is cooked through...you do not want to overcook the seafood.
- Time to serve the seafood pasta. Divide the linguine between 8 pasta bowls. Immediately ladle the contents & tomato sauce from the second pot, then divide the clams & mussels between the plates, adding more tomato sauce over the seafood pasta. Sprinkle minced parsley over the seafood pasta & serve immediately. Pass crushed red pepper flakes in case anyone wants a little extra kick!
Source: Entertaining Is Easy
Share It To Your Friends!