For the crust
- 12 graham crackers (or 24 squares or 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup heavy cream (optional)
- 3 - 4 bananas
- 2 (3.4 oz packages) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Additional toppings/decorations
- Whipped cream
- Sliced bananas
- Crushed roasted peanuts
- Piped chocolate decoration/garnish
For the crust
- In a food processor, grind the crackers until you get fairly fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter and Nutella, and pulse until well-blended.
- Press into bottom and sides of 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake in 350°F for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For the chocolate & banana layer
- Mix chocolate chip and peanut butter in bowl (and heavy cream if using). Microwave for about 30 seconds, stir. Microwave for another 15-30 seconds and stir until smooth. Set aside while you cut the bananas.
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise and then in sections so that they fit nicely inside the pie pan.
- Pour chocolate mixture over bananas to cover. Place in refrigerator while you prepare the pudding layer.
- Combine pudding mix and milk and whisk until smooth and thick.
- Add whipped topping and continue whisking until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spread over chocolate layer.
- Decorate the top of pie with piped whipped topping, sliced bananas, crushed roasted peanuts, and chocolate decoration/garnish. Refrigerate until completely chilled (3 hours) prior to serving.
Source: Fiesta Friday
Share It To Your Friends!