- cooked long grain rice – 3 cups (Basmati rice or any other long grain rice)
- oil – 2 tsp
- spring onion – 1 cup sliced
- green, red and yellow peppers chopped fine – 1/2 cup each
- sweet corn – 1/2 cup (frozen or fresh)
- spinach – handful roughly chopped (optional)
- Chinese 5 Spice powder – 1 & 1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- optional additions – sprouts, baby corn chopped; pan fried tofu
- chop all the peppers, spinach and keep them ready. cook rice in such a way as to keep the grains separate.
- in a wok, heat the oil.
- add sliced spring onion and cook at high temperature until it softens.
- add the 5 spice powder now, mix, cook for few seconds.
- add chopped peppers, sweet corn, saute and cook until they soften slightly.
- add chopped spinach, mix.
- add cooked rice, salt, mix everything well.
- cook for a couple more minutes.
- Chinese 5 Spice Rice is ready to serve.
Source: Easy Bites Online
Share It To Your Friends!