FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/4- cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons STAR Natural Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
FOR THE CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons STAR Grapeseed Oil or vegetable oil , divided
- 1 large yellow onion , sliced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 8 to 10 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 pound asparagus spears , cut into 2-inch pieces and ends trimmed
- Cooked rice , for serving
- Prepare the sauce by combining soy sauce, rice vinegar, agave nectar, ground ginger, and cornstarch in a small mixing bowl; whisk until well incorporated and set aside.
- Combine chicken pieces and cornstarch in a bowl; mix to combine and let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat a wok or a skillet over high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and add chicken pieces; cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until cooked and browned on all sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet, cover and set aside.
- Return wok or skillet to heat and add remaining oil.
- Add onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and continue to cook and stir for 20 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add sliced mushrooms and asparagus to the wok and stir-fry 4 minutes, or until mushrooms are softened and asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Stir the sauce and pour it over the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in previously prepared chicken and cook for 30 seconds or until heated through.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Serve over prepared rice.
Share It To Your Friends!