- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 cup Flour
- 12 bone-in skin-on Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 cup Buttermilk
- Oil for frying
- In a medium bowl combine salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, and cayenne.
- Whisk until blended.
- Place flour in a large bowl and add half of spice mix to flour and whisk until blended.
- Place chicken in a different large bowl.
- Sprinkle remaining spice mix over chicken.
- Toss until all chicken pieces are evenly coated.
- Pour buttermilk over the chicken, and stir until any clumps of spices are blended into buttermilk.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Fill cast iron skillet about half full of oil and heat to 340-350.
- Take each piece of chicken and shake off excess liquid. Dredge and roll in flour mixture shaking off excess. Repeat dip in liquid and dip in flour.
- Fry about about 6-7 minutes per side until crispy. Frying no more tan 3-4 pieces at a time.
- Place chicken pieces on a wire rack to let excess oil drain.
Source: Cincy Shopper
Share It To Your Friends!