- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 T. light brown sugar
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Spray non-stick spray on the parchment paper to make sure there will no absolutely no sticking.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add in the water, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt. Stir to combine and help dissolve the sugar. Continue to stir occasionally.
- Let the water come up to a boil. The butter should be melted completely. Remove from the heat and immediately add in the vanilla and flour.
- Stir until the flour is incorporated and forms a ball.
- Make a well in the center of the dough. Add your first egg into the well and stir until the egg is completely worked into the dough.
- Repeat the last step with the next two eggs.
- Add the dough into a piping bag fitted with a 4B OR 1M tip. I chose a 4B. The dough is pretty thick and will take a little muscle to pipe out.
- Pipe the churro dough in straight lines. I did 6 - 7 inch lines of dough and about 16 on the baking sheet.
- Spray the churro dough with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add the granulated sugar and cinnamon into a large storage bag. Seal it up and toss it around to mix it up.
- Drop 3 - 4 baked churros in it at a time and roll around to coat them. Repeat with the rest of the churros.
Source: Cookie Dough And Oven Mitt
Share It To Your Friends!