- 3 pounds Chicken wings
- 1 ½ cups Buttermilk
- 1 cup Hickory Smoked BBQ sauce
- ½ cup plus 1 tbs honey
- 3 tbsp minced garlic,divided
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tbs hot sauce
- Cut wings into sections and discard wing tips.
- In large bowl mix buttermilk, hot sauce, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 tablespoon honey, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and add the chicken wings turning to cover all sides.
- Place chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Pour wings into a large colander to drain excess buttermilk marinade. Discard any remaining buttermilk marinade.
- Place chicken wings in a single layer on a baking rack or broiler pan over a large cookie sheet.
- Bake chicken wings for 40 minutes, turning after the first 20 minutes to cook evenly.
- While the wings are baking mix 1 cup bbq sauce, 1/2 cup honey and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- After 40 minutes begin basting the chicken wings with the honey bbq and garlic sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes on each side of the wings, turn over and baste other side.
Source: Flour On My Face
Share It To Your Friends!