- 2 - 3 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 small unripe (green) papaya or 2 chayote, peeled and seeded then sliced.
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 package frozen pepper leaves
- 3 Thai chillies, whole
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- Heat pan over medium heat then add oil.
- Add ginger, garlic, and onion. Saute until translucent and fragrant
- Add chicken and saute until brown.
- Add enough water to cover the chicken then simmer until chicken is tender.
- Add papaya slices and continue to cook until tender.
- Add Thai chili and frozen pepper leaves and simmer until thawed or 2-3 minutes if already thawed.
- Season with fish sauce, salt, and pepper then remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve warm.
Source: Jinkzz's Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!