- 300 gm meaty pork ribs
- 1/3 cup white rice vinegar [I used apple cider vinegar]
- 1-2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch mix with 2 tbsp water
- Wash and blanched pork ribs in boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Drain away water and rinsed pork ribs.
- Marinate with vinegar, tomato ketchup and soy sauce for several hours or overnight.
- Bring water to boil, then add in the marinated pork ribs together with the marinade.
- Boil over high heat for 10-15 minutes, then reduce to lower heat and simmer until ribs are tender [may need to add more water if ribs are not tender enough].
- When pork ribs are tender, add in the sugar. Cook over high heat to reduce the gravy or thicken with cornstarch.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve with steaming hot rice.
Source: Cooking Pleasure
Share It To Your Friends!