- 3 chicken thighs – deboned and cut bite size pieces
- Marinade – 1 tbsp each light soy sauce and wine and dash of pepper
- 9-10 chestnuts
- Some sliced ginger and cut spring onions
- Some salad leaves to line platter
- 2-3 tbsp light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp each of msg and ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 125 ml water
- Thickening – ½ tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
- Marinate chicken pieces with marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Slit chestnuts shell then steam for 15-20 minutes to soften and remove the shells and membrane.* Boil chestnuts in a pot of boiling water until tender. Drain.
- Line salad leaves in a claypot or deep plate.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a non stick
- pan, pan fry chicken pieces to brown, push aside, add in ginger and spring onions. Saute until aromatic and mix with fried chicken pieces.
- Add in chestnuts and seasoning, stir to mix well before adding water. Bring to boil, cover and lower heat to simmer until chicken and chestnuts are tender.
- Thicken with cornstarch water. Transfer to claypot. Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Share It To Your Friends!