- 8 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot, boil water to cook your spaghetti.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. When the garlic is a light golden color, add the sliced tomatoes and season lightly with salt and pepper. The tomatoes will begin to cook down; lower the heat to a simmer and let it cook until it is a chunky sauce, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving the liquid, and place into the sauté pan, allowing it to finish cooking in the sauce. Toss in the basil and cheese. Add reserved pasta liquid, if the sauce appears too dry. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with additional Parmigiano Reggiano grated on top.
Source: Kitchen Confidante
Share It To Your Friends!