- 2 pounds large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup uncooked regular grits
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Asian type Sriracha hot chili sauce (optional)
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese (or sharp cheddar if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons KerryGold pure Irish light-butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- sliced lemon wedges for garnish
- Bring milk and 1½ cups water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; gradually whisk in grits.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle Creole seasoning over shrimp and set aside.
- Sauté garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 30 seconds.(watch closely garlic burns easily)
- Add shrimp, and until shrimp are almost pink.
- Add green onions, lemon zest, and hot sauce and sauté 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir cheese, butter, salt and pepper into hot grits.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over warm grits to serve.
- Garnish if you like with fresh chives or cilantro and a lemon wedge.
Source: Girl Raised In The South
Share It To Your Friends!