- 2 large egg white
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cooking wine
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (cut into 1" cubes)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup green or red peppers
- ( optional) 1/2 cup chopped lightly toasted cashews
- In a bowl whisk together egg white, 2 tbsp cornstarch, 2 tbsp wine, and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Add chicken cubes and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Sauce: In a bowl whisk remaining 1 tbsp cornstarch with 1 tbsp chicken stock until smooth. Add remaining 3 tbsp chicken stock, 1 tbsp wine, 1 tbsp soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and whisk to combine. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve in a large pot heat up oil, remove chicken from marinade and carefully spoon into the hot oil and cook until golden. remove chicken from pot and set on paper towels to remove excess oil and to allow to cool.
- Take 1 tbsp oil from pot, add garlic and stir fry with onions and peppers until fragrant. Add chicken stock sauce, sautéed mixture and chicken peices all together. Cook on medium heat and bring to a boil, lower heat and cook until sauce thickens about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Goes great over steamed white rice.
Source: In The Kitchen With Elise
Share It To Your Friends!