- 600 gms fish fillets, both sides sprinkled with
- salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- flour, enough to slightly cover both sides of fillets
- juice from 1 lemon (save a slice or two for garnish)
- 1/2 C dry white wine
- 1/4 C heavy cream (or sour cream or plain yogurt, whatever you have on hand)
- 3 T capers (drained)
- 3 T olive oil
- 3 T butter
- 4 T minced garlic
- 1/2 onion, minced
- In a wok or skillet, heat up the olive oil and butter until butter melts. Turn up the heat and brown or sear the fish fillet on one side. Turn the fish over to sear the other side.
- Add in the garlic and onions. The pour in the white wine and the juice of one lemon. (You can add 1/4 C water if you prefer more sauce). When the sauce boils, let simmer in low fire for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add in the capers and cream. Mix the sauce well. Let boil, lower heat until fish is cooked (This will take only a minute or two.) Serve immediately.
Source: Heart And Hearth
Share It To Your Friends!