- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small head savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced (seeds removed for the dish to not be too spicy, your call)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- lime wedges for serving
- Preheat a large soup pot to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the beef and cook for about 7 minutes until browned and crumbly. Break the beef up with a spoon as you go.
- When the beef is cooked, add the white parts of the scallions, the cabbage, pepper, and garlic to the pot. Stir for about 5 minutes to soften the veggies, then add the stock, water, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Stir the soup and let it come to a bubble. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the soup for 10 minutes or so to cook the veggies through. Taste the stock and add more soy sauce if needed. Right before serving, stir in the scallion greens.
- Serve with lime wedges for spritzing. Enjoy!
Source: Funny Love
Share It To Your Friends!