- mami noodles – 1 kilogram; cooked
- beef and pork stock = 10 cups
- garlic – 4 cloves; pounded
- onion – 1 piece; medium-sized; quartered
- peppercorns – 1 tablespoon; pounded
- salt = 2 teaspoons
- soy sauce = 1 teaspoon
- sugar = 1 tablespoon
- Worcestershire sauce – 2 tablespoons
- pork = 250 grams
- pork liver = 150 grams
- chicken breast = 1 piece
- shrimps = 150 grams
- garlic = ½ teaspoon; fried until golden brown
- pork cracklings or chicharon = 1 tablespoon; pounded
- spring onion = ½ teaspoon; chopped
- Steps for Cooking Batchoy or La Paz Batchoy
- In a pot set over high heat, pour in broth.
- Add in all ingredients for the batchoy broth.
- Bring to a boil. This should take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium.
- Add in shrimps.
- Blanch shrimps until cooked.
- Remove cooked shrimps from pot.
- Shell shrimps and set aside.
- Back to the pot, add in the rest of the ingredients for batchoy toppings.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove ingredients for batchoy toppings from pot.
- Set ingredients aside.
- Meanwhile, reduce heat to low.
- Season the broth with salt.
- Allow it to continually simmer until serving time.
- Now, slice pork, chicken, and liver to bite sizes.
- Set aside.
- In a serving bowl, place cooked mami noodles.
- Pour in broth.
- Top with batchoy toppings.
- Garnish with batchoy garnishing.
- Serve while steaming hot.
Source: Hub Pages
Share It To Your Friends!