- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used natural cocoa powder and black onyx cocoa powder)
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- whole or reduced fat cow’s milk, soy milk, or almond milk
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugars, cocoa powder, and salt. Place saucepan over low heat and add water. Whisk until thoroughly combined and no lumps remain.
- Bring the chocolate mixture to a low boil, whisking frequently. Whisk for 8 to 10 minutes, until mixture is thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and peppermint extracts. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make chocolate milk, stir together 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup per one cup of cold milk. Stir and enjoy!
Source: Joy The Baker
Share It To Your Friends!