- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 90g butter, cut into cubes
- 160ml (2/3 cup) milk
- Plain flour, to dust
- 60g (1/4 cup) pizza sauce (I used tomato sauce)
- 80g (1 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 100g sliced leg ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 225g can pineapple pieces, drained on paper towel
- Extra milk, to brush
- ½ Cup grated cheese (optional extra)
- Preheat Oven to 210C
- Prepare oven tray with a quick spray of cooking spray and baking paper (best method for getting paper to stick!)
- Prepare your grated cheese, drained and sliced pineapple & sliced ham and set aside.
- Add flour and salt to a medium bowl.
- Chop your butter into small pieces and add to the flour
- Begin to rub the butter into the flour with your fingers, until the flour resembles fine breadcrumbs and no large pieces of butter remain - this can take a good few minutes so be patient (I am not....)
- Pour the milk into the flour mixture and using a round ended butter knife begin to cut through the flour until the milk begins to combine.
- Flour your bench and tip out the ingredients and gently knead to combine.
- Roll out your dough into a rectangle approximately 1.5cm in height - approx. 40 x 30cm
- Cover in tomato sauce, add cheese, ham & pineapple and any other vegetables or herbs you are using.
- Begin tightly rolling from one of the longest edges ensuring the mixture stays in the roll and keep the roll tight until you reach the end - you can dab a little milk along the last edge so that the roll sticks to itself whilst cutting.
- Once you have a log formed - begin to slice 2 cm portions and pop on the tray
- Top with a little additional grated cheese
- Cook for 18 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven, serve warm or cold. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
Source: Just A Mum
Share It To Your Friends!